Friday, December 4, 2009

Starting to Think...

Ok, I can hear the jokes. Yes, I think all the time. Mostly about trains.

While Jackson is filling out the Layout Design Questionnaire, I've been starting to lay out the layout in my head.

I normally start with identifying the key features of the railroad. For starters we have:

Reason for the railroad: service customers in north central Georgia by moving freight to and from the CSX interchange in Marietta.

Key features:
1. Interchange in Elizabeth (Marietta) - key source of freight for the line
2. Tate shops - locomotive servicing and the "end of the line" although it does go a bit north of there.
3. The marble mines - source of calcium carbonate
4. The Tate switchback - important operating feature of the layout

What are some others? The railroad has changed lately and has added/subtracted some industries.

Post your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment