Friday, December 11, 2009

Sick At Home On Train Night

Being sick is not fun. Being sick at home on Friday night is worse. Being sick on train night is about as bad as it gets. My buddies are over at Glue Bob's building scenery and I'm sitting here freezing with a bottle of Vick's Vapo-Rub and a new box of Kleenex hacking and coughing up things that I can't even figure out what they are. The drugs are making my vision blurry so I can't read a book..... cough, hack, wheeze.

Even though I don't have all the information for drawing the basement, I'm going to go ahead and get started with what I know and draw the rest by eye. Then I can make adjustments. The back wall I'm assuming is concrete and it measures 30 feet, so we'll start there. I draw it in as a 6" thick solid wall. The reason it is gray is because it looks like concrete but more importantly it lets me know that this is a wall that can't be pierced by trackage (unless you are Paul "Jackhammer" Rankin, that is.)


I'll move around the drawing in a linear fashion. The tan walls are pierceable wood/sheetrock walls. The walls are drawn on the BASEMENT layer in 3rd Plan It. The text is drawn on the BASEMENT TEXT layer. I do this so I can turn either off as I see fit.


Here we've added some doors and other walls. I.D. didn't let me know if the doors are just pathways or actually have a door. If they do have a door, there are four possible ways that they can swing (for a standard door.) Should they be a pocket door, I'll need to mark the walls as non-pierceable. I circle problem areas with a PROBLEM layer red circle. That way I remember to correct the plan when I get the information. The 21'3" wall at the bottom was only 20' on his drawing, so we have to check it out.


I stopped adding dimensions on the rest of the layout until I get some dimension checks. Once I have them it will be easy now to finish the drawing. We'll need to add windows, ceiling height and a few other things. One important item is the power box, which we can't block.

No comments:

Post a Comment