Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chat with I. D. Jackson

Questions for I. D. - answers with a *
Per telephone call on 1/11/10

Did you actually build a DCC layout? To completion?
*  No, just a DC layout.  Group is DCC savvy.  No on signalling.  Ops is not that big of deal.


I can't read your top 10 things you want on the layout
*   He'll resend them to me tomorrow




Do you really want CTC for the trains? Railroad And Company
* GNRR no.  Maybe in the future for the CSX.


The door to the extra room. Does it swing in or out?
*Swings in to the train room, as does the garage doors.


Review basement dimensions
*  He will get answers to my circled items



What is the length of the right hand rooms?
*  He will get answers to my circled items

Are there any windows?
*  There are no windows in the basement

What is the ceiling height?
* 9' 1 1/2"  There is no ceiling.  Lights are in.  No ceiling.  Most is covered by duct work.

The door to the train room, swing right or left?
* swings in to right

The 20' wall in the Extra Room doesn't match the opposite wall.
* Re-measure and get me the new calculations

Additional conversation:

He would use tortoise machines for inaccessible or congested turnouts but wants ground throws for most everything.

He wants to model the GNRR Passenger Car Office but doesn't know what kind of car it is.

Model year is anywhere from 1980 to present

He's flexible with the bench depth and would like for me to design benchwork that is quickly installed to get him up and running as fast as possible.








No comments:

Post a Comment